Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Holey Top

I've been sewing for myself again, this time a new top. It feels like forever that I have been searching for a great knit top pattern.  My criteria was something that fits well, looks feminine, isn't too revealing and is comfortable.

That doesn't seem like too much to ask, but I had a hard time finding something just right.

Until I found Kwik Sew 3880.  As soon as I saw this top I loved the femininity of it, not just the top with the holey shoulders, the normal sleeved shirt looks just as feminine with it's lovely shape.

Image credit
 I had a gorgeous aqua knit in my stash (found whilst op shopping of course!) that I was very keen to make a top out of.  Aqua is one of my favourite colours to wear.  I think it goes with my white hair pretty well.


 I loooove this top!  I know I will wear it a lot, as it fits my criteria completely, but mostly, I feel comfortable in it.  Though if I'm going to wear it in the sun I must remember to put sunscreen on my shoulders.


The best thing about this pattern is the ease of which it comes together.  You don't have to sew in the sleeves as it's a kimono type pattern.  So there are just three pattern pieces; the front, the back and the neck binding.  The instructions are clear and simple.  In fact I can't wait to make the normal sleeved option next...maybe in pink, or stripes!

Pin It